When the remains of a young black man and a white woman are found under the foundation of a building, Rush and Valens discover that not only did the two go missing in 1969, but that they may have been killed professionally for their work in an underground abortion clinic.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Marisol Nichols as Elisa
- Karen Austin as Terri Maxwell (2004)
- Amber Benson as Julia Hoffman
- Maggie Grace as Renee (1969)
- Michael Harney as Charlie Rinzler (2004)
- Mary-Joan Negro as Renee (2004)
- Trever O'Brien as Charlie Rinzler (1969)
- Katee Sackhoff as Terri Maxwell (1969)
- Riley Schmidt as Adam Clarke (1969)
- Doug Spinuzza as Louie Amante
- Garland Whitt as Gerard Gary
- Terrence Flack as Lionel Royce (2004)
- Milauna Jemai as Colette Ferguson (1969)
- Jim Gleason as Dr. Leo Linden (1969)
- Jason L. Miller as Jonny
- Jocko Sims as Lionel Royce (1969)
- Elayn Taylor as Prof. Colette Ferguson (2004)
- Watson Watring as Dr. Leo Linden (2004)
- The song "Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procol Harum was also used in the episode One Small Step.
- Jane, the organization that Julia and Gerard worked for was a real undergound organization (known as the Jane Collective) that provided abortion services to women from 1969 until 1973, when the Supreme Court's ruling in Roe v. Wade made abortions legal throughout the U.S. The real Jane Collective operated in Chicago, however, not Philadelphia.
- Jefferson Airplane "Volunteers"
- Jefferson Airplane "Somebody To Love"
- Marvin Gaye "Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)"
- Procol Harum "Whiter Shade of Pale"
- James Brown "Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud)"
- The Troggs "Love Is All Around"
- Jefferson Airplane "White Rabbit"
- Joe Cocker "I Shall Be Released"
- Closing Song: The Youngbloods "Get Together"