When ballistics tie a recent murder case of Rush's to a serial killer who was seemingly inactive for 27 years, a tough FBI agent with ties to Stillman shows up to enlist the team's aid in finding the killer who has eluded her for 30 years.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Johnny Messner as Ryan Cavanaugh
- JB Blanc as Paul Shepard (2010)
- John Gries as Bill Shepard (1978)
- Donna Pescow as Nancy Kent (2010)
- William Russ as Tim Hudson (2010)
- Christopher Carrington as Calvin Walsh (1983)
- Charles Woods Gray as Calvin Walsh (2010)
- Ronald F. Hoiseck as Ned Cotner ("Ned Jenkins")
- Karen James as Nurse
- Karlton Johnson as Fred Norris (1978)
- Charles McCurdy as Walt Granville
- Anna Rose Moore as Felicity Andrews (1978)
- Michael Petrone as State Trooper
- Adam Powell as Tim Hudson (1978)
- Pamela Shaddock as Emergency Room Nurse
- Stefani Seifert as Nancy Kent (1978)
- Matt Sigloch as SWAT Member #1
- Todd Sandler as Mel Shaver (uncredited)
- Part 1 of a two-part episode.
- Thom Barry does not appear in this episode.
- The end of this episode does not have the trademark musical finale sequence, a first in the series.
- The ghosts of the victims do not appear to anyone. This has occurred twice previously (Baby Blues, The Long Blue Line).
- The title of this episode is a reference to the novel The Last Picture Show (1966); a film of it was made five years later. Both stories deal with characters falling on hard times.
- The Cars "Just What I Needed"
- Firefall "Strange Way"
- Tom Petty "Even the Losers"
- The Pretenders "Kid"
- Dan Auerbach "Going Home"