The 1958 death of an unknown 6 year old boy found in a field inside a cardboard box is reinvestigated after a small suitcase with the child's picture and his old cowboy hat is left in front of a church. The new investigation reveals that the rowdy boy lived at a Catholic-run orphanage and was adopted two days before his suspicious demise.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Samantha Eggar as Sister Vivian Dole (2003)
- Garrett M. Brown as Roger (2003)
- Molly Cheek as Gretchen Culliver (2003)
- Bruce Gray as Dr. Milton Thayer (2003)
- Charles Noland as Walter Rafferty (2003)
- Autumn Reeser as Sister Grace Ashley
- Jacqueline Scott as Sally Bower (2003)
- Lyndon Smith as Arnold
- Johanna Watts as Sister Vivian Dole (1958)
- Dave Michael Beaudrie as Walter Rafferty (1958)
- Jason Frasca as Young Man
- Andrew Heald as Roger (1958)
- Gathering Marbet as Young Woman
- Blaire Restaneo as Gretchen Culliver (1958)
- Justin Roney as Fred Baker (1958)
- Brent Schraff as Dr. Milton Thayer (1958)
- Ryan Tasz as Clayton Waters
- Delaney Williams as Fred Baker (2004)
- Unknown actress as Sally Bower (1958)
- Based on the real-life case of "Boy In The Box", a still-unsolved Philadelphia murder case. Like Arnold, the real-life unidentified boy was left in a cardboard box in the 1950's and later discovered by a college student who was following a rabbit. Posters extremely similar to the ones in this episode (including pictures of him propped up in clothes) were also circulated.
- At 6 years old, Arnold Culliver is tied with Clayton Hathaway from Offender as the youngest male victim of the series.
- Delaney Williams is actually a decade younger than his character.
- Arnold Culliver and Toya Miles from Fly Away are both the youngest victims of season 1
- Johnny Cash "You're The Nearest Thing To Heaven"
- Everly Brothers "All I Have To Do Is Dream (Dream, Dream, Dream)
- Ricky Nelson "Stood Up"
- Patsy Cline "Walkin' After Midnight"
- Ricky Nelson "Poor Little Fool"
- Perry Como "Catch A Falling Star"
- Ricky Nelson "Lonesome Town"
- Michael A. Levine "Sister Vivian's Flashback"
- Closing Song: Ricky Nelson "Sweeter Than You"