When a poison-soaked towel turns up at the station, Lilly re-opens the 1973 case of a murdered female college tennis star. Meanwhile Vera gets some bad news from his wife.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Mel Harris as Grace Anderson (2006)
- Bre Blair as Grace Anderson (1973)
- George Coe as Bill Simmons (2006)
- Colleen Flynn as Emily Simmons (2006)
- John Getz as Bill Simmons (1973)
- Jeff Perry as Eric Witt (2006)
- Nina Siemaszko as Julie Vera
- Pepper Sweeney as Fritz Adams (2006)
- Tom Wilson as Arnold Brown
- Alicia Ziegler as Andi Simmons
- Sam Murphy as Eric Witt (1973)
- Erik Eidem as Fritz Adams (1973)
- Alicia Ziegler, who plays Andi Simmons, previoously played an unnamed Co-ed in "A Time to Hate". Along with Madeline Carroll and Ed Bernard, she's one of only three actors to play two different roles on the show.
- The name Julie Vera it may had been inspired by the real Julia Vera,which played the 2003 version of Maria Sanchez in the episode Gleen.
- Mel Harris and George Coe have acted together before on the television show thirtysomething, playing daughter and father.
- Helen Reddy "I Am Woman"
- Carole King "I Feel the Earth Move"
- Carly Simon "You're So Vain"
- Carole King "Believe in Humanity"
- Janis Joplin "Get It While You Can"
- The Five Stairsteps "O-o-h Child"
- King Harvest "Dancing in the Moonlight"
- America "Lonely People"
- Closing Song: Elton John "Your Song"