When an inmate exchanges some procured information on an old shooting, the team reopens the 2005 murder of a young African-American politician who vowed to rid the lower-class neighborhood he grew up in of drug dealers who prey on young kids.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Chadwick Boseman as Dexter Collins
- Gbenga Akinnagbe as Victor Nash
- Tyrees Allen as Warren Wilson
- Wilmer Calderon as Luther Carp
- Cosimo Canale as Frank Mulwrey
- Jonathan LaPaglia as ADA Curtis Bell
- Henry G. Sanders as Ronnie Collins
- Keith Szarabajka as Patrick Doherty
- Christine Woods as Cassie Michaels
- Peter Holden as Harold
- Euriamis Losada as Jorge Gonzalez
- James McBride as Jay Quincy
- Wanda-Lee Evans as Josephine (uncredited, scenes deleted)
- Unknown actor as Eric
- Unknown actress as Mrs. Quincy
- The end song "Hands of Time" was also heard in the second season episode "The Badlands", which had several similar themes.
- First appearance of Jonathan LaPaglia as the quirky ADA Curtis Bell and Keith Szarabajka as Deputy Commissioner Patrick Doherty
- In a continuity error, Jay Quincy gives the name of the man he sold the gun to as Jorge Gonzalez, but is mentioned as Jorge Gomez in later scenes.
- Kanye West ft. Consequence & Cam'ron "Gone"
- The Roots "Guns Are Drawn"
- Common "The Corner"
- The Perceptionists ft. Phonte Of Little Brother "5 O'Clock"
- Mos Def "The Boogie Man Song"
- Closing Song: Groove Armada "Hands Of Time"