Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The unsolved 1963 murder of a black teenager, whose body was discovered by the then-young Will Jeffries, is reopened.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Adilah Barnes as Mathilde Jefferson (2005)
- Billy Brown as Donald Williams (1963)
- Dana Davis as Mathilde Jefferson (1963)
- Paul James as Zeke Williams
- Chaney Kley as Billy Jones (1963)
- Scott Alan Smith as Henry Jones (1963)
- Drew Snyder as Billy Jones (2005)
- Dee Wallace Stone as Charlotte Jones (2005)
- John Wesley as Clyde (2005)
- DJ Wyatt as Will Jeffries (1963)
- Melinda Allen as Judith Jones (1963)
- Ed Bernard as Donald Williams (2005)
- Mimi Cozzens as Judith Jones (2005)
- Liana Liberato as Charlotte Jones (1963)
- Buffy Charlet as Linda Callahan (1963)
- Sean Blakemore as Clyde (1963)
- Cazimir Milostan as Sergeant Butowsky (1963)
- Dallas McKinney as Kid #1
- Tripp Henningston as Tommy (1963)
- Francis Fallon as Joe (1963)
- Brian Glanney as Toby (1963)
- Unknown actor as Joe (2005)
- Unknown actor as Toby (2005)
- The title is taken from the closing song, which in turn comes from the lyrics in the song, which describes someone seeing a "strange fruit" hanging from a tree, which is actually a black man who'd been lynched.
- Loosely based on the murder of Emmett Till, who is mentioned in the episode.
- The song "Walk Like a Man" by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons was also used in the episode Boy Crazy, which also took place in 1963.
- Ed Bernard also plays Moody Brown (2005) in the episode Colors. He is one of only three actors to play two different roles in two different episodes (Madeline Carroll and Alicia Ziegler being the other two), and the only whose two performances are in the present.
- Will Jeffries says that he found the body when he was 12, making his current age 54. However, this is contradicted in the episode Best Friends, in which he states that he is turning 60.
- The Chiffons "One Fine Day"
- The Four Seasons "Walk Like A Man"
- Martha & The Vandellas "Heatwave"
- Doris Troy "Just One Look"
- Gene Chandler "Rainbow"
- Opus 1 Music Library "Till Death Do Us Part"
- Closing Song: Nina Simone "Strange Fruit"