The team reopens the 1998 case of a murdered seventeen year old girl when her father is arrested for beating another child. During the investigation, the team finds evidence that the victim was involved with a group of neo-Nazis who were suspected of another unsolved murder around the same time.
The team re-opens the 1998 case of a murdered teenaged girl after her father is arrested for savagely beating the teen’s 3-year-old step-sister. They go to visit Tamyra’s father in prison and become interested in meeting with her boyfriend, Spider, with whom she ran away from home.
Boyfriend Spider welcomed Tamyra into his home with his mother and runaway Elliott. But Tamyra soon discovers that Spider is a Neo-Nazi ex-con with strong ideas and a violent temper. After witnessing a murder of a helpless Hispanic mother, Tamyra searches for a way out. Trapped in the house, Tamyra breaks down to Elliott, admitting that she would have rather run away from her father than get into another abusive situation.
Elliott takes out a hammer and breaks the lock off the basement window and Tamyra is able to escape. When Spider’s, mother Rayanne sees this, she goes to Elliott to tell him that Tamyra has betrayed them, they are at war and Tamyra has now crossed over to the other side. Elliott knows what he needs to do to stay in her good graces and goes after Tamyra with the hammer. Tamyra doesn’t see or hear Elliott approach her and smashes her head several times, causing her death.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Johnny Lewis as Truitt "Spider" Leland (1998)
- Jeffrey Combs as Sly Borden
- Brianne Davis as Lindsay Port (1998)
- Jamie Denbo as Lindsay Port (2008)
- Jacob Fishel as Elliot Leopold
- Mandy Freund as Kate Carley
- Jilon Ghai as Truitt "Spider" Leland (2008)
- Emilee Wallace as Tamyra Borden
- Dondre T. Whitfield as Jarrod Jones
- Sonia Segal as Nora Mariposa
- Michael Canaan as Burley Guy #1
- Bobby Soto as Miguel Mariposa (2008)
- Unknown child actor as Miguel Mariposa (1998)
- This episode uses some elements from the 1998 film American History X and the 2001 film The Believer, which itself was based on the life of Dan Burros.
- Sugar Ray "Someday"
- Bush "Greedy Fly"
- Versus "Dumb Fun"
- Yo La Tengo "Moby Octopad"
- Fiona Apple "Sleep to Dream"
- Zoo Pilot "I'm Gonna Change"
- Closing Song: The Smashing Pumpkins "Tonight Tonight"