The team re-opens the case of a woman who allegedly committed suicide in 1962 when the victim's granddaughter comes forth with evidence that the note found on the death scene -- then thought to be the suicide note -- was not written in the victim's handwriting.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Emily Rose as Nancy Patterson
- Keith Coulouris as Daniel Patterson (1962)
- Michael Ensign as Bruce Davies (2008)
- June Squibb as Annette Hicks (2008)
- Cate Cohen as Edna Hitchford (1962)
- Brea Grant as Liza West
- Jane A. Johnston as Edna Hitchford (2008)
- Kaleigh Kennedy as Rachel Patterson (1962)
- Lenne Klingaman as Annette Hicks (1962)
- Tom Costello as Bruce Davies (1962)
- Trisha Mann as Belle
- John Sloman as Hal (1962)
- Kevin Linehan as Jimmy
- The song "The End of the World" was also used in the episode "Boy Crazy", which took place in the following year, 1963. However, the version used is that of Skeeter Davis. A different Brenda Lee song ("Everybody Loves Me But You") is used for the closing.
- Patsy Cline "Crazy"
- Bobby Vee "Devil or Angel"
- The Duprees "You Belong to Me"
- Brenda Lee "All Alone Am I"
- Closing Song: Brenda Lee "End of the World"
- TV Guide News (04/24/2008): "Cold Case Tackles a Killer Story"