After the remains of a teenage boy missing since 1984 are discovered in a landfill, the squad look into his life, learning that his desire to become a dancer put him at odds with his family and made him enemies at the competitive performance school he wanted to join.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Obba Babatundé as Dr. Octavius Leroy (1984/2007)
- John Diehl as Isaac Keller
- Greg Finley as Grant Hall (1984)
- Nathan Halliday as Maurice Hall
- Tanya Michelle as Crystal Stacy (1984)
- Chris Mulkey as Pat Hall (1984/2007)
- Don Swayze as Grant Hall (2007)
- Vanessa Williams as Crystal Stacy (2007)
- This episode uses some elements from the films Footloose and Billy Elliot.
- "Maurice Hall" is the name of the protagonist in E.M. Forster's novel Maurice, about a young gentleman trying to come to terms with his own homosexuality in early 20th century England.
- The last appearance of Susan Chuang as Frannie Ching.
- Nathan Halliday is a professional dancer and this episode marks his debut as an actor. Several other actors, particularly the extras in the class scenes, are also professional dancers.
- Debut of Greg Finley.
- When Maurice Hall's box is being put away, Latrice Hicks's box is briefly visible
- Asia "Heat of the Moment"
- Luscious Redhead "Behind the Mask"
- Laura Branigan "Self Control"
- Chaka Khan "Through the Fire"
- Kenny Loggins "I'm Free (Heaven Helps the Man)"
- Rufus feat. Chaka Khan "Ain't Nobody"
- Closing Song: Foreigner "I Want to Know What Love Is"