The remains of a marine who was thought to have gone AWOL while on shore leave back in 1951 are discovered in an an oil drum at a toxic waste dump. The detectives talk to his former comrades and learn he may have been killed trying to help a friend.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Wilson Bethel as Jimmy Tully
- Nicholas Braun as Lenny Snow (1951)
- Maria Cellario as Nora Lee (2008)
- Matthew Florida as Max Heidhorn (1951)
- Max Gail as Ray Lisi (2008)
- Richard Herd as Gene Karnow (2008)
- Rich McDonald as Hal Chaney (1951)
- Rebecca Mozo as Nora Lee (1951)
- Charles Napier as Hal Chaney (2008)
- Conny Van Dyke as Sue (2008)
- Kenneth White as Lenny Snow (2008)
- Reid Collums as Gene Karnow (1951)
- Preston James Hillier as Shore Patrol #1
- William Jones as Steve Tully
- Adam Leiphart as Ray Lisi (1951)
- Unknown actress as Sue (1951)
- Stephen Blackehart as Lt. Putnam (uncredited, deleted scene)
- Terrance Carter, Marlene Bradford and Damont Henderson's case boxes are visible when Kat Miller puts away Jimmy Tully's case box in the case room.
- This episode was loosely based on the disappearance and suspected murder of Navy ensign Andrew Lee Muns.
- Vaughn Monroe "Sound Off"
- Peggy Lee "If You Turn Me Down"
- Keely Smith and Louis Prima "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah"
- Melvin "Sy" Oliver "Go, Man, Go"
- Nat King Cole "Mona Lisa"
- Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats "Rocket 88"
- Closing Song: The O'Neill Brothers "Taps"