A man claims that he was wrongfully convicted of the 1982 murder of his rich wife. The case is reopened when the victim's rare ring is discovered worn by a recently deceased junkie.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Nicki Aycox as Christina Rush
- Tony Denison as Mike Doherty (2005)
- Michael Bryan French as Steven Chase (2005)
- Michael Hagerty as Steven Chase (1982)
- Brian Kimmet as Timmy Horan (1982)
- Mary Gordon Murray as Kitty Shaw (2005)
- Jenna von Oy as Kitty Shaw (1982)
- Linda Purl as Diane Moore (2005)
- Andrea Savage as Lindsay Chase
- Jay Bontatibus as Mike Doherty (1982)
- Jenny Eakes as Diane Moore (1982)
- Andi Eystad as Melanie Castle
- Tahmus Rounds as Timmy Horan (2005)
- Apparently based on the case of Dr. Sam Sheppard, who was convicted in 1954 of the murder of his pregnant wife Marilyn Reese Sheppard before his conviction was overturned and declared a miscarriage of justice nearly a decade later. Many believe his story also inspired the classic TV series The Fugitive, as well as the movie of the same name, though this has always been denied by their creators.
- As mentioned in the episode, "Schadenfreude" means pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.
- The song "Save a Prayer" by Duran Duran was also featured in the season 5 episode Justice.
- David Bowie feat. Queen "Under Pressure"
- Duran Duran "Save A Prayer"
- Manhattan Production Music "Still In Pain"
- .38 Special "Caught Up In You"
- Billy Idol "Dancing With Myself"
- Master Source "All Night"
- Tommy TuTone "867-5309/Jenny"
- David Feldstein, Scott Nickoley, and Jamie Dunlap "Wish I Never Met You"
- Closing Song: Journey "Don't Stop Believing"