The 1953 murder of a white school teacher, who was involved in civil-rights issues, is reopened after the victim's youngest son asks for it to be reinvestigated. The probe reveals that the slain man was killed on the same day that the Rosenbergs were executed and was set to testify the next day before the House Committee on Un-American Activities, after being accused of being a communist sympathizer. Meanwhile, Lilly gets an unwelcome visit from her troubled sister.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Nicki Aycox as Christina Rush
- Josh Randall as Elliot Garvey
- Johnny Sneed as Harland Sealey (1953)
- Dion Anderson as Dean Garvey (2004)
- Ellen Geer as Kay Lang (2004)
- Randy Oglesby as Howard Garvey
- Kimberly Quinn as Kay Garvey (1953)
- Rita Zohar as Reina Kraus (2004)
- Kendre Berry as Robert
- Gilbert Glenn Brown as Renaldo Copely
- Bucky Dominick as Norman
- Emily Montague as Heather
- Stephanie Patton as Girl
- Alan Pietruszewski as FBI Agent #1
- Wyatt Smith as Boy
- David Grant Wright as Mr. Jenkins (1953)
- Unknown child actor as Howard Garvey (1953)
- Unknown child actor as Claire Copely (1953)
- Buddy Marrow "Your Mouth's Got A Hole In It"
- The Spaniels "Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight"
- James Crawford "Iko Iko / Jockomo"
- Billie Holiday "Yesterdays"
- Tony Bennett "Rags to Riches"
- Johnnie Ray "Cry"
- Patti Page "You Belong To Me"
- Michael Levine "The Raft & The River"
- APM Music Library "Moonlight Promanade"
- Closing Song: Frankie Laine "I Believe (For Every Drop of Rain That Falls)"