The headless torso of a woman who disappeared in 1985, the same day she filed domestic-abuse charges against her husband is found by hikers in a wildlife preserve. The investigation quickly leads to the grisly discovery of eight more decapitated bodies.....the victims of a serial killer.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Nicki Aycox as Christina Rush
- John Billingsley as George Marks
- Hedy Burress as Janet Lambert
- Jackie Debatin as DeeDee Cooper
- Morgan Flynn as Susan Lambert (1985)
- Blake Lindsley as Susan Lambert (2004)
- Ted Sutton as Herb
- John Patrick Hayden as Mark James
- Mike Kimmel as Driver
- George LePorte as Jack Robbins (2004)
- Baadja-Lyne Odums as Thea Hicks
- Jack Stahlmann as Jack Robbins (1985)
- Amanda Thorp as Tina James
- Steve Zettler as Leroy Lambert (2004)
- Unknown actress as Latrice Hicks
- George mentions Vera's trouble with the Gail Chimayo case from "Our Boy Is Back"
- A possible clue to the doer's indentity is given earlier in the episode. Herb, the army surplus store owner, is wearing a cap from the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise. At the time this episode was first aired, John Billingsley was a regular on the series Star Trek: Enterprise.
- The same year as this episode was screened (2004) Kathryn Morris starred in a movie called Mindhunters.
- The episode name is probably a reference to John E. Douglas' book "Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit" which is about his time in the FBI identifying serial killers.
- Journey "Only the Young"
- Katrina & The Waves "Walking on Sunshine"
- The Tokens "Victim of Gravity"
- Marilyn Manson "The Dope Show"
- The Dream Academy "Life in a Northern Town"
- Witchman "Restless"
- Closing Song: Phil Collins "Long Long Way to Go"