A petty crook, Ricky (Tim deZarn), hoping to get a reduced sentence, relates witnessing a young man washing blood out of his car the night a teen track runner was murdered. The young athlete, Paige Pratt (Summer Glau), was found shot, and her boyfriend Al Clarkson (Doug Kruse) was originally imprisoned for the crime. Meanwhile, Lilly is assigned a new partner: a cocky, young up-and-comer named Scotty Valens.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Vincent Ventresca as Bennett Cahill (2003)
- Josh Hopkins as ADA Jason Kite
- Lacey Beeman as Jane (1981)
- Tim deZarn as Ricky Stockvis (2003)
- James DuMont as Will Harrell (2003)
- Summer Glau as Paige Pratt
- Howard Holcomb as Bennett Cahill (1981)
- Doug Kruse as Al Clarkson (2003)
- Saxon Trainor as Jane (2003)
- Kevin McCorkle as Detective Gil Sherman
- Dylan Cope as Al Clarkson (1981)
- Ben Lang as Will Harrell (1981)
- Isabelle Dahlin as Heidi Busch
- Jeanette O'Connor as April
- Charles Duckworth as Isaac
- Jessica Burrows as Blair
- Unknown actor as Ricky Stockvis (1981)
- Danny Pino joins the cast as Scotty Valens
- First appearance of Josh Hopkins as ADA Jason Kite.
- This episode marks the first time that a closed case (as opposed to an unsolved case) is reopened, and a wrongly convicted individual exonerated as a result.
- Al's lawyer's was mentioned as being named Rudy Tanner. There was also a character named Rudy Tanner in the episode "Revenge". (Presumably, they are not the same person).
- This episode is loosely based on the 1995 murder of Adrianne Jones by Diane Zamora and David Graham.
- In the beginning of the episode when Ricky is being interviewed, Mitchell Bayes's box can be seen in the background.
- REO Speedwagon "Keep on Lovin' You"
- Men at Work "Who Can It Be Now?"
- Foreigner "Urgent"
- Styx "The Best of Times"
- Kim Carnes "Bette Davis Eyes"
- Air Supply "Every Woman in the World"
- Closing Song: Billy Joel "She's Got a Way"