A petty crook, Ricky Stockvis (Tim deZarn) to get a reduced sentence, relates witnessing a young man washing blood out of his car the night a teen track runner was murdered. The young athlete, Paige Pratt (Summer Glau), was found shot, and her boyfriend Al Clarkson (Dylan Cope/Doug Kruse) was originally imprisoned for the crime. Meanwhile, Lilly is assigned a new partner: a cocky, young up-and-comer named Scotty Valens.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Vincent Ventresca as Bennett Cahill (2003)
- Josh Hopkins as ADA Jason Kite
- Lacey Beeman as Jane (1981)
- Tim deZarn as Ricky Stockvis (2003)
- James DuMont as Will Harrell (2003)
- Summer Glau as Paige Pratt
- Howard Holcomb as Bennett Cahill (1981)
- Doug Kruse as Al Clarkson (2003)
- Saxon Trainor as Jane (2003)
- Kevin McCorkle as Detective Gil Sherman
- Dylan Cope as Al Clarkson (1981)
- Ben Lang as Will Harrell (1981)
- Isabelle Dahlin as Heidi Busch
- Jeanette O'Connor as April
- Charles Duckworth as Isaac
- Jessica Burrows as Blair
- Unknown actor as Ricky Stockvis (1981)
- Danny Pino joins the cast as Scotty Valens
- First appearance of Josh Hopkins as ADA Jason Kite.
- This episode marks the first time that a closed case (as opposed to an unsolved case) is reopened, and a wrongly convicted individual exonerated as a result.
- Al's lawyer's was mentioned as being named Rudy Tanner. There was also a character named Rudy Tanner in the episode "Revenge". (Presumably, they are not the same person).
- This episode is loosely based on the 1995 murder of Adrianne Jones by Diane Zamora and David Graham.
- In the beginning of the episode when Ricky is being interviewed, Mitchell Bayes's box can be seen in the background.
- REO Speedwagon "Keep on Lovin' You"
- Men at Work "Who Can It Be Now?"
- Foreigner "Urgent"
- Styx "The Best of Times"
- Kim Carnes "Bette Davis Eyes"
- Air Supply "Every Woman in the World"
- Closing Song: Billy Joel "She's Got a Way"