The shooting death of a man in his driveway is connected to the unsolved 1992 murder of a Democratic campaign worker whose lifeless body was thrown into a nearby river on election night. The investigation centers on the relationship the dead woman had with a present-day congressman. Apparently, the victim in the current homicide probed into the earlier slaying and discovered damning new evidence. Elsewhere, Lilly spies Kite flirting with a new ADA and gets jealous.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Josh Hopkins as ADA Kite
- Laura Allen as Vanessa Prosser
- Jade Carter as David Lake (1992)
- Kathy Christopherson as Beth Reardon (2004)
- Terri Garber as Abbey Lake (2004)
- Lee Garlington as Carol Prosser
- James Mathers as Marvin Dobie
- Jim Meskimen as PJ Prosser
- Blake Robbins as David Lake (2004)
- Lauren Stamile as Abbey Lake (1992)
- Eva Frajko as Reporter
- Jon Hershfield as Aaron Dutra (1992)
- Seth T. Walker as Darren Kleeman
- Unknown actress as Julie
- This episode is loosely based on the 2001 death of Chandra Levy.
- The Fleetwood Mac song "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" heard at the campaign headquarters in 1992 was in fact the official song for the Clinton-Gore campaign.
- The real murderer is not arrested, which could be why there is no ending shot of the case box being put away and having "Closed" written on it.
- Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop"
- The Cranberries "Dreams"
- Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy"
- 4 Non Blondes "What's Up"
- Chris Isaak "Can't Do a Thing (To Stop Me)"
- Closing Song: Duran Duran "Ordinary World"