The squad reopens the 1973 murder of a popular college football player, after evidence shows he was alive several hours longer than originally thought. Speaking with people who knew him, they learn he had discovered some questionable dealings going on with his team and maybe have been killed for trying to do something about it.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- M.C. Gainey as Coach Walters (2008)
- Tom Griffin as Asst. Coach Walters (1973)
- Aaron Hill as Mike "Bad Moon" McShane
- Alice Hirson as Judy McShane
- James Karen as Steve Pratt (2008)
- Justice Leak as Robert Boreki (1973)
- Sean O'Bryan as Steve Pratt (1973)
- Clifton Powell as Tom Bernard (2008)
- James Read as Prof. Robert Boreki (2008)
- Glynn Turman as Al Towert
- B.J. Britt as Tom "The Breeze" Bernard (1973)
- Stephen Full as Addict/Narc
- Matt Riedy as Gus Lason
- Charley Scalies as Rusty Jenkins
- Tim Snay as Joe Burrows
- Unknown actor as Coach Bauer
- This episode is loosely based on the 1963 San Diego Chargers, in which there was steroid use on the team.
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive "Takin' Care of Business"
- The Doobie Brothers "China Grove"
- David Essex "Rock On"
- Steely Dan "Do It Again"
- The Allman Brothers Band "Blue Sky"
- Closing Song: Steely Dan "Reelin' In The Years"