Rush and FBI agent Ryan Cavanaugh discover their attraction for one another while investigating the 1969 murder of a GI at Woodstock. Meanwhile, tensions between Miller and Bell begin to ease, Stillman consoles Yates, whose mother is in the hospital, and Vera helps his married ex-girlfriend, Megan, after sentimental jewelry is stolen from her home.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Sarah Aldrich as Megan Easton
- Richard Blake as David Quinn
- Christa B. Allen as Annabelle Bennet (1968/1969)
- Darren Everett Criss as Reuben Harris (1969)
- Dale Dye as Al Wasserlauf (2010)
- Brian Guest as Al Wasserlauf (1969)
- James Hanlon as Detective Pierson
- Ginifer King as Shelly Hewit
- Mimi Kuzyk as Annabelle Bennet (2010)
- Jonathan LaPaglia as ADA Curtis Bell
- Karl Makinen as Roy Easton
- Johnny Messner as Ryan Cavanaugh
- James Sutorius as Reuben Harris (2010)
- Dwight Hicks as Bruce Hurt
- Nick Josephs as Hippie
- Michael Keeley as Mike Keeley
- Tré Moyé as Aide
- Unknown actor as Jimmy
- Unknown actor as Lenny "Xavier" Franklin
- The sixth episode in which member of the military is a victim (Honor, The War at Home, Shore Leave, WASP, The Good Soldier).
- Thom Barry does not appear in this episode.
- The song "Get Together" by The Youngbloods was also used in the Season One episode Volunteers, which was also set in 1969. It is the second case of an end song being reused in a later episode as a flashback song, the first being "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", the end song of Wishing, being used in a flashback during The Road.
- As part of the storyline in which Lilly is being considered to join the Federal Cold Case Unit, this case has no connection to Philadelphia, a first in the series. It takes place in New York.
- Though never referred to in dialogue, Roy's last name is given in cast lists as Easton, despite that Megan's sister Sloane Easton had the same last name, meaning Roy either took her last name, or she happened to marry someone with the exact same last name as her own.
- Last appearance of Jonathan Lapaglia as ADA Curtis Bell.
- Joe Cocker "Darling Be Home Soon"
- Thunderclap Newman "Something in the Air"
- Donovan "Colours"
- Big Brother and the Holding Company "Piece of My Heart"
- The Youngbloods "Get Together"
- The Band "The Weight"