The team re-opens the 2001 case of a robbed and murdered deli owner when the brother of the man convicted of the crime brings forth new evidence, suggesting the man may have been wrongfully accused. Meanwhile Vera has a problem of his own when he discovers a baby abandoned out in front of the precinct.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Bahni Turpin as Lindsey Dunlay
- Ramon Franco as Ricardo Muñoz
- James DiStefano as Frank DiCenzio
- James Jordan as Nick "Stump" Fanelli
- Sandra Purpuro as Antonia Difara
- Eduardo Yañez as Felix Darosa
- Casey McCarthy as Gabby Weiss
- Rene L. Moreno as Paulo Muñoz
- Tommy Savas as Tommy DiCenzio
- Unknown actress as Kaitlyn Difara (2001)
- Cynthia Frost as Mrs. Clark
- Sean Laughlin as Dubitsky
- Shannon Welles as Mrs. Edino
- Unknown actress as Kaitlyn Difara (2005)
- This episode shares similarities with the Season 7 episode Dead Heat.
- Both victims are fathers who are killed by their respective sons.
- Both sons feel neglected and overlooked by their father and have anger control issues.
- Both victims have an animal who is put in mortal danger prior to their deaths.
- Both victims appear to a friend who they worked alongside and acted as a mentor to.
- Steve Tyrell "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
- 3 Doors Down "Be Like That"
- Vonda Shepard "Silver Bells"
- Azucar "La Calle"
- Don Omar "Reggaeton Latino"
- B.B. King "Please Come Home for Christmas"
- Natalie Merchant "Life Is Sweet"
- Closing Song: The Calling "Wherever You Will Go"