The case of a female bank teller shot to death in her work in 2000 is reopened when the same bank is robbed again by perpetrators wearing identical masks and equipped with identical weapons as six years earlier.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Tina Holmes as Roween Ryan
- Veronica Cartwright as Mary Ryan
- Jeremy Davidson as JC #2 / Julius Carver
- Eddie Driscoll as JC #1 / "The Hat" / Rick Carver
- Brennan Elliott as Ray Williams
- Kate Levering as Darla Dunaway
- Paul Schulze as JC #3 / Phil Jorgensen
- Shana Sosin as Terri Ryan
- First appearance of Ray Williams, Lilly's bike-riding old flame.
- Kat mentions "that shooting in New York. Black guy reached into his coat, pulled out a wallet instead of a gun," a reference to the 1999 shooting of Amadou Diallo, who was shot nineteen times during an incident with four NYPD plainclothes officers who mistook Diallo pulling a wallet from his jacket pocket for a gun.
- Veronica Cartwright and Tina Holmes also played played mother and daughter in an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. Holmes' character also fell for a handsome, charming, but dangerous man in that episode, with tragic results.
- This episode is loosely based on the film Dog Day Afternoon.
- Chris Isaak "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing"
- Dixie Chicks "Cowboy Take Me Away"
- Jo Linder "Nothing But Your Lovin' Will Do"
- Train "Meet Virginia"
- Everclear "Wonderful"
- Faith Hill "Breathe"
- Tim McGraw "All We Ever Find"
- Closing Song: Lee Ann Womack "I Hope You Dance"