Lilly re-opens the 1968 case of an 18-year-old girl who died -- apparently accidentally -- at the night of her debutante ball. Now her mother comes forth with new evidence when a local art dealer is accused of murdering his wife in the same manner the girl died.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Elizabeth Hendrickson as Emma Vine (1968)
- Charlie Koznick as Travis Whitman (1968)
- Kelly Miller as Lillian Vine (1968)
- Julie Mond as Landon Ridgely (1968)
- Ben Murphy as Travis Whitman (2006)
- Priscilla Pointer as Lillian Vine (2006)
- Tom Virtue as Matthew Ridgely (1968)
- Valerie Wildman as Landon Ridgely (2006)
- Josh Janowicz as Chip (1968)
- Sarah Shelton as Sloane (2006)
- Holly Lynch as Sloane (1968)
- Tina Morasco as Irene (1968)
- Warren Sweeney as M.C. (1968)
- Unknown actress as Claire Henley (1968)
- Tracie Thoms became a member of the main cast of Cold Case from this episode, having guest starred in several previous episodes.
- This episode is loosely based on the case of Michael Peterson.
- The song "Daydream Believer" by The Monkees is also used in the episode Forever Blue, which also takes place in 1968.
- B.J. Thomas "Hooked on a Feeling"
- The Monkees "Daydream Believer"
- Melanie "Beautiful People"
- The Rascals "A Beautiful Morning"
- Pyotr Tchaikovsky "Waltz" from the ballet "Sleeping Beauty"
- 5 Alarm Music Library "Air on the G String"
- Master Source Music Catalog "Danny's Waltz"
- Closing Song: Henry Mancini - Moon River"