Hoping to track down the head of a human trafficking ring, the detective reopens the case of a murdered longshoreman when they learn his death may be related. They soon discover the man was attempting to rescue a young girl from a life of forced prostitution and paid for it with his life. Meanwhile, Lilly must bring her mother home to stay with her after her drinking takes a turn for the worse.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Brad William Henke as Mike Chulaski
- Michael Massee as Kiril
- Helena Mattsson as Kateryna Yechenko
- Bonnie Root as ADA Alexandra Thomas
- Vyto Ruginis as Roy Gardocki
- Ksenia Solo as Lena Golovnka
- Brenda Wehle as Linda Boyka ("Nachalnik")
- Mike Grief as Longshoreman
- J.D. Hall as Superintendent
- Stefanos Miltsakakis as Yuri
- Eva-Maria Leonardou as Jane Doe (uncredited)
- Channary Dhiet's case box is visible in the bottom left corner when Scotty puts away Mike and the Jane Doe's case boxes.
- Two lines filmed but cut from this episode. One was Lena asking Lilly a second time if Mike is dead. The other was from a flashback with Lena tearfully recalling that Mike had been from an orphanage too and that she thought they were alone but they could have each other.
- Two years after this episode aired, Michael Massee (Kiril) played a virtually identical role in a crossover episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and CSI: New York, as a trucker working for a human trafficking ring that would rather go to jail than face the consequences of identifying his employers to the police.