The 1988 murder of a Philadelphia news anchor is investigated after it is determined she was killed before she was able to report on a scandal involving a local factory's deadly working conditions.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Dorian Brown as Jane Everett
- John Cirigliano as Nathan Kravet (2009)
- Steven Flynn as David Wyatt (2009)
- Courtney Ford as Tory Roberts
- Jack Kehler as Evan Briggs (2009)
- David Starzyk as Mort Ackerson (1988)
- Bradford Tatum as Evan Briggs (1988)
- Myra Turley as Margie Everett (2009)
- Tom Hallick as Mort Ackerson (2009)
- Adam O'Bryne as David Wyatt (1988)
- Jarrod Crawford as Clay Murphy (1988)
- Kim Estes as Clay Murphy (2009)
- Stefan Marks as Floor Manager
- Steve Stapenhorst as Andrew Powers
- Rebecca Tilney as Margie Everett (1988)
- Vera mentions that Rhonda Stewart, the intern Mort Ackerson was with the night of Jane's murder, is now a producer at WIXA. WIXA was the radio station where John "The Hawk" Hawkins worked in 1958 in "Static".
- Damont Henderson, Curt Fitzpatrick & Marlene Bradford's case boxes are visible when Vera puts away Jane's case box at the end of the episode.
- This episode contains elements of the 1999 film "The Insider," which was based on the 1996 tobacco industry whistleblower of Jeffrey Wigand. Asbestos has in the past been used as an ingredient in tobacco products and cigarette filters.
- In 1989, the year after the incident of this episode's crime, the Food and Drug Administration issued the Asbestos Ban and Phase Out Rule.
- This episode recieved the most viewing when it aired, averaging over 19.20 million views.
- Robert Palmer "Simply Irresistible"
- 10,000 Maniacs "What's The Matter Here?"
- The Fixx "One Thing Leads To Another"
- The Fixx "Red Skies"
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Don't Come Around Here No More"
- Closing Song: Tears For Fears "Shout"