After traces of blood linked back to a missing teen are found, the team re-investigates the 2006 case of a boy who disappeared from a high school for deaf children. Meanwhile, Miller is again approached by Veronica's father, wanting to get to know his daughter.
The detectives investigate the 2006 death of a teenage deaf boy. Blood confirming the identity of a teenage boy once believed to be missing is found at the city’s one and only high school for the deaf. The detectives enter into what feels like a ”foreign country” and try to determine who would want to kill Andy Rierden, a handsome, popular and straight-A student. Before losing his hearing at the age of seven due to spinal meningitis, Andy had been a musical prodigy.
His deaf parents believed he had adapted quite well to being deaf and was a proud member of the deaf community. But things were not as they seemed when it’s discovered Andy had wanted a cochlear implant so he could hear again. Andy’s desire to hear the music he once played as a child drew hostility from the people around him including his deaf ”girlfriend” who knew she didn’t have a chance once he could hear, his principal who believed Andy belonged in the deaf world, and an overzealous father who didn’t want his hearing daughter involved with a deaf boy.
But the person who felt betrayed the most was his best friend Carlos. Left with a sense of abandonment that his best friend was leaving him for the hearing world Carlos was unable to contain his rage and jealously. Witnessing for the first time Andy’s ability to hear the music again, Carlos unable to control himself kills his best friend.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Ryan Lane as Andy Rierdan
- Lilli Birdsell as Dean Vivian Harden
- Colleen Foy as Emma Walker
- Bob Hiltermann as Ed Rierdan
- Shoshannah Stern as Leah O'Rafferty
- Dondre T. Whitfield as Jarrod Jones
- Lisa Hermatz as Secretary
- Michael Anthony Spady as Teacher
- Evelina Gaina as Student #1
- Lance Patrick as Student #2
- Margot Chambers' box is visible when Scotty and Nick put away Andy's box.
- Rihanna "SOS"
- Coldplay "Talk"
- John Mayer "Gravity"
- Jet "Look What You've Done"
- Closing Song: The Fray "Look After You"