The remains of a four year old little girl are found on the bottom of the river, having been there since 1965. Trying to find out who she was, the detectives learn she came from an abusive home and that someone was trying to save her. Meanwhile, an impressed Stillman offers Kat Miller a spot in Homicide.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Meredith Monroe as Cindy Mulvaney (1965)
- Maree Cheatham as Nancy Walsh (2005)
- Megan Follows as Maura Stanton (2005)
- Michael Rodrick as Roger Mulvaney
- Ned Schmidtke as Art Balducci (2005)
- Charlotte Stewart as Cindy Balducci (2005)
- Olivia Hack as Tiffany (1965)
- Jessie Jones as Tiffany (2005)
- Marc Raducci as Salma ("Partner")
- Damara Reilly as Mattie (2005)
- Tuffet Schmelzle as Mattie (1965)
- Tim Tracy as Dr. Greggs (1965)
- This was the highest rated episode to date for viewers with more than 19 million viewers.
- This was also the first episode directed by Roxann Dawson, who would later become a producer on the show.
- Scotty mentions the case from the episode "The Boy in the Box".
- The Temptations "My Girl"
- Opus 1 "Come With Me"
- The Four Tops "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)"
- Marianne Faithfull "As Tears Go By"
- Opus 1 "Where Was My Wedding Dress"
- The Shirelles "Will You Love Me Tomorrow"
- The Byrds "Mr. Tambourine Man"
- Closing Song: Donovan "Catch The Wind"