Four close high school friends each went their separate ways in 1980. Eight years later, in 1988, one of them was murdered. The homicide team receives a tip about the murder, prompting a re-investigation of the case and an examination of the friends' lives, hopes and dreams after high school.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Allen Cutler as Clem Garris
- Zachery Bryan as Petey (1988)
- Shelly Cole as May Pierson (1988)
- Christine Elise as Sally Garris (2006)
- Laura Johnson as Rita Hart
- David Parker as Petey (2006)
- Lisa Pescia as May Pierson (2006)
- Alona Tal as Sally Garris (1988)
- The production team later revealed that this was a rare case of the script being written around the music, instead of the other way around. When they received clearance for an all-Springsteen episode, they came up with twists and turns in the four friend's story based on the lyrics and subjects of the various songs.
- Paige Pratt and Jeff Kern's case boxes are visible when Lilly and Jeffries review Clem's case.
Bruce Springsteen music used throughout the episode.
- "No Surrender"
- "Bobby Jean"
- "Brilliant Disguise"
- "Glory Days"
- "I'm On Fire"
- "Drive All Night"
- "Stolen Car"
- "Atlantic City"
- Closing Song: "One Step Up"